Read about the background of this recipe here.
- 4 cups of wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- In a bowl, put flour, salt and oil. Mix well.
- Pour water slowly while you mix until you form the dough.
- Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 small pieces.
- Roll each piece flat while applying a small oil on top.
- Then, roll it back into a ball, set aside, and roll all of them.
- Put a pan on a low heat.
- Then, roll the balls again flat and round. Cook one by one while applying small oil to till it turns brown but not hard.
- Serve with green grams, beans, beef or chicken stew.
Dorothy, Head Cook @ the Amani Kenya Garden Cafe