Amani Kenya's cafe is known all over Nairobi for delicious sweet treats. Check out the Amani Kenya recipe for the Kilimanjaro Cookie! The white peaks of this majestic cookie get their name from the snow-capped summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, visible from Nairobi, Kenya on a clear day. Guarantees to instill warm feelings of distant grandeur when paired with friends and a cup of chai tea!Confession: we found this image on chellascommoncents.com. Every time we make these cookies, they go too quickly for photographs, so we had to borrow her photo of a very similar cookie!
Kilimanjaro Cookie Recipe
We recommend fair trade for all ingredients when possible! Try your local health food store or Whole Foods.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy.
- Add sugars, salt, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Mix in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Mix flower until combined.
- Stir in coconuts, nuts, and white chocolate.
- Put on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes, or till just turning golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
Shop Amani. Spread Peace.
Be sure to grab your fair trade baking gear!
I love your cookies! I’m making my 6th batch with different variations .
Love those cafe ladies! Sending all my love to Doro, Joyce, and Rachel!!!
So glad!!! What type of variations are you using?