Check out this easy recipe from Revel Pastry Company in Chattanooga, TN!
This recipe is perfect for Mother's Day breakfast in bed or a birthday at the office!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar
6 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter,
cubed 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1⁄2 cup heavy cream, plus 2 Tbsp.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender, working quickly so as to avoid warming up the butter, until the mixture has the consistency of cornmeal and there are no large chunks of butter visible.
- Stir in the pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 1⁄2 cup heavy cream and egg until well combined. Pour egg and cream mixture over the dry ingredients and stir gently with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Gather dough into a ball and knead gently two or three times until it all the crumbs are incorporated.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a disc about 8 inches in diameter and 3⁄4 - 1 inch thick. Cut the disc into 8 even wedges and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. Allow to cool on the pan 10 minutes before serving.